i forgot

I have been working overtime to make the holiday money. Stressing right along with everyone else over how I am going to buy my kids a good christmas. Actully I have dreaded the season a little.

Until today

See I forgot

I forgot that some are not worried about presents under the tree, but rather worried about food on the table.

I forgot that seventeen families in my area are on a homeless shelter waiting list.

I forgot how many of our senior citizens will be in nursing homes with no visitors on christmas day.

I forgot about the hospital full of patients too sick to be home for christmas.

I forgot about the ones who just watched their homes get taken by the bank

I forgot about the mom whose baby went to be with the Lord this year

I forgot about the husband whose spending his first christmas without his bride in over fifty years.

I forgot that God had a different idea of christams all along

He never intended his Boys birthday to stress us out. He never intended for us to build a debt to add to our material collection.

He never intended us to look more forward to what we can get black friday, then the gift he gave us.


So slow down, and do what you can and let go when you can do no more.

Find the spirit of Christmas and pass it along



MERRY CHRISTAMS

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Merry Christmas to you, Lori! I plan on visiting the nursing home and wish them a Merry Christmas too! It will be especially hard to do this year, but it's not about me. Thanks for reminding us of the Truth of Christmas.
Love you, girl!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Great Post - One I want to send to 50 people. Actually more. Thanks, for being real, that's what I love about you.
I haven't heard anymore about second chances. How is that going? Good I hope.
Have a great time celebrating Jesus' Birthday.
Lynn

Jeanne said...

Thanks for reminding me.

Jill said...

I DID NOT FORGET HOW AWESOME YOU ARE! Thanks again friend.

Bethany said...

This year I've really taken a step back from the commercialized Christmas drama. Our gifts are hand-made items, movie tickets and family games. Frees up a lot of time (and money) to focus on what really matters.

Deborah said...

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN! I have felt that sentiment more than ever this year. You don't want to be a scrooge and not participate in the "commercialness" of Christmas and it's so hard not to get wrapped up in it all! We are very, very blessed people..praise God for that.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Beautifully put, Lori. This is exactly what we all need to hear this time of year.

Xandra

Sharon said...

Amen, Praise God! Great reminder of what this is all about.
I noticed you were florida, I am too! In Tampa
Have a very Merry Christmas
Sharon

Christy said...

I forgot too...great post! Thanks so much for your insightful words Lori...I always love reading what you have to say!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Angela Baylis said...

Lori... I forgot too...until I was just reminded by you! This post made me want to slow down and remember that He never wanted His boy's birthday to cause this kind of stress! Thank you so much for sharing this today!
Love you and...
Merry Christmas!
Angie xoxo

The Cannon Chronicles said...

You are so . . . right! I agree wholeheartedly!

Toni said...

Oh, what a lovely message. I'm so glad I happened upon it (coming in from Beth's blog).
blessings,
~Toni~