That kind of Love

I was watching home videos of my kids, and my heart began to ache for those moments of holding little babies. It's funny looking at them now, I don't love them any less but I love them so differently. What if our love for our kids never changed? We would never let them out of our sight, if we had that infant kind of love. It does change, because we are getting ready to let them go, let them grow up and go off to college, to go and start their own families. Letting them leave home. But I think God loves us with that infant type of love always, because he is preparing us to come home. I like to think of God never letting me out of his sight, I like to think of him knowing when the time is right for me to be in his arms. I like to think no matter how grown up on earth I have to be I am still his little girl.

8 comments:

Cyndi said...

Pretty profound thoughts there girl!!! Thanks for sharing. (:

Jeanne said...

You've shared some of this with me before and it makes my heart ache for lots of reasons....some good...knowing He loves me like that and I'm completely and totally dependent on him...and some hard....knowing I'm raising my children up to be independent of me. That letting go (of them)and that holding on for dear life (to Him). Hmmm, you always give me so much to ponder. I'm crazy about you Lori Ann!

Jill said...

Loved it...I know they are growing and going so fast...I pray I amm growing them into the women God wants them to be, faithful, loving, compassionate, gentle, kind, joyful, and so many other things. And you tell your own bundle of joy, she is welcome anytime. I loved seeing their fun time at the FUNSPOT! You are a good momma.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Man, I ache just hearing your descriptions. I have a little one at home to adore and cuddle. To think God loves me that way blows my mind. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, I've never thought of that before.

Rachel said...

Beautiful...as always!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Amazing, once again. I pray that I'm teaching my kids right and the times I mess up I pray the Lord is covering me..........I'm so glad to be reminded that I'm His little girl.

Angela Baylis said...

I really needed to hear this today. My baby will graduate from college in 3 short weeks. I'm so glad I'm His little girl because right about now, I don't want to be a grown-up! I'm a little too attached. I think that's what happens when I was a single mom for so long. I'm glad I'm His little girl...
Love you, Lori! I love your short posts with so much depth!
Angie xoxo

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing..Stop by my blog for a visit....

I have another give away ...I am loving all my new blog friends.