press on

I love watching movies about how we used to fight wars. In the line of fighting you could be in the war but not in the battle yet. Then when it's your time to be that front line, you can either fight or you could retreat. Often I have felt like I can forget that I am in a war, a war to keep satan from having any say in my life. And when I am undeniably in the battle I feel the desire to retreat, and the need to press on.
I am reminded today that the battle is real, and the decision to stay is hard, but it is so worth it to fight. Their are things in my life that I have wrestled with and I have began the battle only to retreat at the first easy way out. I am tired of this fight, I dont want to start over anymore, I want this time to be the time I press on and move on.
For now I would like anyone who reads this to pray for strength and for wisdom for me, I'll tell ya more later

6 comments:

Stacey said...

praying for you, Lori.

Deborah said...

Been there and know exactly how you're feelng. i hope whatever it is that we find you on the other side of it stronger and closer to god. I am praying...

Jill said...

Here for you girl, lifting you up, interceding on your behalf to push on towards the prize...war in the heavenlys, see your foe for who he is, defeated and powerless with the blood that has been shed for you.

Jeanne said...

I do pray for you and will pray specifically for strength and wisdom. You're called sista girl. We really enjoyed today with your family. :)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I just now prayed and asked the Lord to help you and to give you wisdom. I know...not from experience but from seeing others....that is it's a hard thing to try to be a single mom and be all that you have to be to your kids. I prayed for your kids too.
One of my Sunday school ladies ask me just this week if I was going to read another post from the blog of "that lady that can just really get down to where you are"! She was talking about you.
By the way....I LOVE the post where your son showed grace to his sister and then she forgave him! SWEET!

God bless you....
Marilyn

Denise said...

I can identify with struggles like that. I hate that it's so easy to retreat. Praying for you!